Happy Birthday to my friend Tiffany! Here's a little cupcake for you along with wishes for a wonderful year...
This week we are working with Brenda Pinnick's extremely versatile Beauty Bloom die. Many thoughts went through my mind for ways to use it. But I wound up using it as a cupcake topper. I need to get this die.
You will need:
Sizzix Originals Die - Flower, Beauty Bloom
Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Cupcake Holder, Ruffle
1 yard of ribbon
2 1/2" STYROFOAM ball
Plaid Folk Art paint
Sakura permanent marker
16 gauge wire
stem of millinery flowers
birthday stamp, ink and paper
- Die-cut and assemble cupcake die, cutting off one section to accomodate Styrofoam ball.
- Starting in the center, wrap ribbon around ball, twisting it as you go. Hold in place by inserting straight pins and cover while wrapping.
- Outline edges of petals with black marker. Paint in desired colors.
- Punch a hole in the middle of the petals, layer and insert small millinery flower stem in center.
- Anchor flower to top of cupcake with U-pin.
- Stamp birthday message on paper, trim to tag shape and punch hole at the top.
- Shape wire into a spiral by wrapping around a vase or glass. Coil the end of the wire.
- Add stamped image to wire and stick in top of cupcake.